OS FAIR 2023: Paving the Way for Collaborative Open Science ImplementationOS FAIR 2023: Paving the Way for Collaborative Open Science Implementation https://opusproject.eu/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/1500x500-1024x341.jpg 1024 341 Open and Universal Science (OPUS) Project Open and Universal Science (OPUS) Project https://opusproject.eu/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/1500x500-1024x341.jpg
Open science, also known as Open Scholarship or Open Research, has reached a critical juncture. Although progress is evident with increased engagement from researchers, institutions, funding agencies, service providers, and infrastructures, a diverse range of models has led to a seemingly fragmented ecosystem. The current approach has resulted in incremental improvements on top of the traditional scholarly communication system. To truly foster international and interdisciplinary research, it is essential to establish interoperability across communities and services while supporting diverse workflows and knowledge systems.
OS FAIR 2023: Empowering Open Science Communities
OS FAIR 2023 stands as a significant initiative organized by OpenAIRE, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to establishing a permanent open scholarly communication infrastructure supporting European research. This year’s event will be jointly organized with FECYT, from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, along with key European projects and global initiatives. The conference will also take place under the auspices of the Spanish Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Objectives of OS FAIR 2023
The core objectives of OS FAIR 2023 are as follows:
- Unifying Open Science Communities: The conference aims to bring together diverse open science communities and services to identify common practices, build synergies, and create services that cater to the needs of many.
- Learning from Global Experiences: OS FAIR 2023 seeks to gather experiences from around the world to promote knowledge exchange and mutual learning among participants.
- Advancing Interoperability: With a focus on international and interdisciplinary research, the event aims to ensure interoperability across different communities and services while respecting the diversity of workflows and knowledge systems.
Target Audience and Location
The target audience of OS FAIR 2023 is broad and inclusive, reflecting the comprehensive nature of open science. Participants include research communities and infrastructures, librarians, content providers, repository managers, service providers, research administrators, scholarly communication innovators, learned societies, policymakers and funders, citizen science groups, and initiatives. The conference will take place in Madrid, Spain, at the Reina Sofia Museum on 25th and 26th September, followed by the El Ateneo de Madrid on 27th September.
Conference Highlights and Expected Outcome
OS FAIR 2023 promises to be a vibrant and enlightening event, with the following key highlights:
- Distinguished Keynotes: Renowned speakers will deliver keynote addresses, offering valuable insights into the current state and future of open science.
- Engaging Discussions: Roundtable discussions will provide opportunities for diverse actors to engage and explore collaborative approaches to open science implementation.
- Interactive Workshops and Training Sessions: Participants will be able to take part in dynamic workshops and training sessions to enhance their understanding and practical skills in open science practices.
- Demo Session: An exciting demo session will showcase innovative tools and technologies advancing open science.
The expected outcome of OS FAIR 2023 is the creation of roadmaps for the effective implementation of open science, emphasizing collaboration, shared best practices, and the cultivation of open interfaces among various stakeholders.
OS FAIR 2023 presents a pivotal moment for open science, as stakeholders come together to shape the future of scholarly communication. By fostering collaboration and interoperability across communities and services, the conference aims to lay the foundation for a more cohesive and impactful open science ecosystem. As we work together to embrace openness and inclusivity, OS FAIR 2023 seeks to pave the way for future generations of researchers and innovators, ensuring that knowledge is freely accessible, shared, and harnessed for the collective benefit of society.
More details: Open Science FAIR
You might also like
How Open Access is Challenging Publisher MonopoliesHow Open Access is Challenging Publisher Monopolies https://opusproject.eu/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/d4.jpg 639 400 Open and Universal Science (OPUS) Project Open and Universal Science (OPUS) Project https://opusproject.eu/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/d4.jpg
The Societal Impact of Open Science: A Comprehensive ReviewThe Societal Impact of Open Science: A Comprehensive Review https://opusproject.eu/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/science-nav-992x1024.png 992 1024 Open and Universal Science (OPUS) Project Open and Universal Science (OPUS) Project https://opusproject.eu/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/science-nav-992x1024.png