OpenAire Hosts 4th Open Science Fair: Gareth O’Neill to present OPUSOpenAire Hosts 4th Open Science Fair: Gareth O’Neill to present OPUS https://opusproject.eu/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Screenshot-2023-09-25-at-9.06.24-1024x414.png 1024 414 Open and Universal Science (OPUS) Project Open and Universal Science (OPUS) Project https://opusproject.eu/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Screenshot-2023-09-25-at-9.06.24-1024x414.png
Madrid, September 25, 2023 – OpenAire, a leading force in the realm of open science, has kicked off the 4th Open Science Fair in Madrid, running from September 25th to 27th, 2023. This vibrant event seeks to foster cross-border connections, share best practices, and foster collaborative platforms.
Gareth O’Neill, a member of the OPUS team and Principal Consultant on Open Science, will grace the OS Fair 2023 with a presentation on the OPUS project.
OS FAIR 2023 is more than just a conference; it’s a beacon of open science advocacy. This year, it boasts a unique collaboration with FECYT, an institution under the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, as well as key European projects and global initiatives. Notably, OS FAIR 2023 takes place under the esteemed auspices of the Spanish Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
The core objective of OS FAIR 2023 is to unite and empower open science communities and services worldwide. It’s a quest to unearth common practices in open science and to identify potent synergies for efficient service delivery. This event thrives on sharing experiences from diverse corners of the globe, each offering lessons that enrich the open science landscape.
Key Focus Areas at OS FAIR 2023:
1. Charting the Course for Next-Generation Open Science
- Advancing Research Assessment (RRA) and Open Science
- Exploring Alternative Assessment Approaches
- Valuing All Contributions to Scholarly Processes
- Fostering Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Addressing Funding and Institutional Support
2. AI’s Impact on Open Science and Vice Versa
- Assessing AI Tools and Platforms in Research
- Delving into Ethical Considerations
- Navigating Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Knowledge Representation
- Unraveling Copyright and Legal Aspects, including Text and Data Mining, Reproducibility, Transparency, and Reusability
3. Innovation and Disruption in Scholarly Publishing
- Embracing Emerging Publishing Models
- Advocating Diamond Open Access
- Balancing Rights Retention
- Championing Multilingualism in Academic Publishing
4. Ensuring Fair Data, Software, and Hardware
- Fostering Collaborative Development
- Embracing Open Licensing and EU Data Legislation
- Prioritizing Reproducibility
- Enhancing Interoperability
5. Openness in Research and Education
- Promoting Open Education
- Embracing Open Educational Resources (OERs)
6. Public Engagement and Citizen Science
- Encouraging Community-Driven Research Initiatives
- Exploring Tools and Technology for Public Engagement
- Championing Open Data and Scientific Literacy
The OS FAIR 2023 is a call to action for all those who share a passion for open science. It’s a moment to glimpse the future of research, spark collaborations, and pave the way for future generations. The exchange of ideas here might well shape the landscape of open science for years to come. So, join in, contribute, and be a part of this transformative journey towards openness and collaboration in science.
- Posted In:
- OPUS News